I never knew lasagna could be cooked in a crockpot. And when I found out lasagna could be cooked in a crockpot, I was skeptical. But I have since cooked crockpot lasagna twice in the last 3 weeks (once with ground beef and once with ground pork) and it is seriously yummy. Even my dad, who is a fantastic cook and doesn't really fancy anything else other than Asian food, gave me 9/10 for the lasagna. So believe me when I say this recipe is worth a go. However, if you prefer your lasagna in nice, neat, rectangular slices, then this recipe is not for you. :P
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb (~450g) ground beef (can use ground pork or chicken if you prefer)
- 3-4 tbsp Italian seasoning, or more if you like a stronger taste of herbs (this is basically a bottle of dried herbs, Masterfoods or other brands would have it)
- 1 jar (about 800ml) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Cottage cheese (16 oz)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Break noodles in half. Place half of the noodles at the bottom of a greased crockpot. (Grease with whatever cooking oil you use at home. Also, I place the noodles in two stacks, side-by-side, so that most of the bottom of the crockpot is covered. But how you place your noodles will also depend on the size and shape of your crockpot) Stir Italian seasoning into meat and spread half the meat over noodles in the crockpot. Over the meat, layer half the sauce and water, and then half the cottage cheese and then half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. (I prefer my lasagna "drier" so I usually cook on low for 6 hours)
That's it. Enjoy! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment