OK, I know this is way way overdue (sorry to those who have been asking!), but here are some pictures of our lovely apartment here in Denver. We live in a gated community (also known as "condominium" in Singapore) of about 200 apartments. This upmarket apartment complex is pretty new - about 1 1/2 years old. Besides another family with a 16 month old daughter, I think we are the only other family with children! Most of the tenants here are yuppies, or very serious looking young-ish professionals, most likely unmarried.
Ours is a 2 bedroom apartment which I intially didn't realise was bigger than our apartment back in Singapore. The floor area here is 1308 sq feet whereas our apartment back in Singapore (with 3 bedrooms) is only 1288 sq feet. Although, this apartment doesn't seem much bigger because most of the extra space goes into the walk-in wardrobes and 2 bathrooms.
The facilities in this building is very cool, but too bad I don't have the time to enjoy them! Besides the usual courtyard with a tiny swimming pool and jacuzzi, we also have a fantastic looking gym with lots of exercise equipment, a business office with 2 computers, free internet access, printing and faxing services, and most exciting of all - there's a entertainment room with a pool table, a huge flat screen TV, and free branded beverages like coffee, tea, hot chocolate and mineral water. How cool is that?!? The only thing lacking is a playground, but that'll probably be terribly under-utilised considering the very few children living here.
I have been telling friends that if I don't have 2 kids to look after, by the time I go back to Singapore, I will have a very well-toned body and I'll be able to play pool very well! Hehe. Or maybe not, with all that free hot chocolate available! :P
Because this is a new complex, the apartment is very well-insulated against the cold outside. Windows are double-glazed to prevent heat loss from the apartment and the heating system works very well too. We're usually dressed in t-shirt and shorts for daytime and a light long-sleeved shirt and long pants for nightime.
You can definitely tell that we'll miss this apartment when we leave Denver in 2 months' time. Hopefully we'll be able to find a nice, cosy apartment in Taiwan too. Wish us luck! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment