Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where, Is My Internet Time?

Ever since leaving Denver, my internet time (and most of my "free" time, for that matter) has mysteriously disappeared. I wonder who stole it? Actually, I know the answer - my two kids stole it! Haha. After we left Denver, DD decided that she's a big girl now - big enough to be nosey and to participate in everything around her. So, putting her to nap has been very much more difficult. Of course, all mummies know that naptime is when we catch up on chores, surf the net or simply get some eye-shut. So less naptime equals less mummy time. DD also likes to wake up when the sun rises, which is at 5am here in Taiwan. That is perfectly fine with me. The only problem is that DS sleeps really late - averaging 10.30pm at the earliest, so I usually KO with him when I have to put him to bed.

Interestingly, the other contributing factor to my lack of internet time is something that I never realised before - the layout of an apartment! Yes, in Denver, our apartment was an open-concept one, which meant that when I was toiling in the kitchen (either cooking or washing the dishes), I had full view of the living room. That meant that I could still participate (well, sort of, anyway) in what DS was doing, be it watching TV or with playing playdough. And I could also keep an eye on DD at the same time. And on top of all that, I could also have the laptop on the kitchen counter top. How's that for multi-tasking? Haa.

Here in Taiwan, DH also brings the laptop to work, so no internet time for me during the day at all. But hopefully that might change - we got my Dad to buy us a laptop from Singapore and he'll be bringing it to us when he arrives later today. Yipee!

No comments: