Monday, February 16, 2009

DS's First Words

I was packing a drawer tonight and found a list of DS's first words! He spoke his first word at 18 months old. I was thinking that if he didn't speak by 18 months old, I'll probably have to do some speech therapy with him. Well, he met my deadline and has been a chatterbox ever since. :)

So here are DS's first words, in the order that they emerged:

1. "mum mum" - whenever he wanted to breastfeed
2. "ka ka" - referring to Papa, but within a few weeks, he could pronounce "Papa"
3. "Ti Tee" - referring to Kitty, one of our cats
4. "bar" - for "bus" (my mum always took the bus with him on weekends)
5. "ba ba" - for "bubble"
6. Pour (he loved playing in the bathtub and pouring water from one container to another)
7. "ba ba" - for "bye bye" (yep, I think it sounded exactly like when he wanted to say "bubble")
8. "pao pao" - referring to being full after a meal
9. "pish" - for "fish"
10. Pour away

No comments: