Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Here We Go Again...

Since DS just had his birthday recently, he has been trying to figure out what it means to be 5 years old, or 10 years old in the future. For instance, he has been asking me if being 10 years old means that he would be an adult. Next, he started asking me how old I was, and I think he hasn't gotten his head around what it means to be 33 years old yet. So I had to illustrate it to him by explaining that he was 5 now, then 6,7,8,9 and 10 in the future. And then I would count all the way to 33 and tell him that I was 33 years old now. Anyhow, he was asking me about my age again today and this was the conversation we had:

DS: How old are you, Mummy?
Me: I am 33 years old.
DS: That is very old, RIGHT? (Yes, he did stress the word 'right' because 33 is a big number to him, compared to 5)

Anyhow, I had to explain to him once again that 33 is not considered old, given that his grandparents are in their late 50s and early 60s, and even then, they are not considered 'old'. But the conversation ended there because I think he still can't get his head around what it means to be aged 30 or 60.

Well, I certainly agree that having kids make me feel old. Haha!

See related post here from last year.

No comments: