Sunday, September 5, 2010

My First Mass Breastfeeding Event...

...and the kids' first face painting. OK, not really face painting since I requested that they get their arms painted instead. I mean, why would I even want put myself in a situation where I have to wash off paint from their faces, especially if the paint was around their eyes?!? And a sign at the face painting station wrote, "Simply wash off with soap and water!". Hello? Have they ever tried washing around a 3-year old's eyes with soap and water?!? :P

Anyhow, here's what they got painted on their arms. Racing cars!


And now, back to the mass breastfeeding event. In conjunction with World Breastfeeding Week, the Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group (BMSG) organised a mass breastfeeding event on 28th August where 120 mummies tried to breastfeed at the same time. Given that DD may self-wean anytime, I thought I should participate in my first mass breastfeeding event this year. As expected, DD, who now dictates WHEN she wants to nurse, stubbornly said, "No!" and refused to latch on. Haha! Well, at least I tried!

No comments: