Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Din Tai Fung

25 Nov 2012
We made it to Din Tai Fung at Taipei 101. We were advised by well-meaning friends to reach there before 11am, which we did, and got a table immediately. After 11am, when the restaurant opens, there would be long queues of people waiting to get a table. This restaurant comes highly recommended as a "must-try" in Taipei and is apparently quite different from the Din Tai Fung chain of restaurants in Singapore.

We ordered 4 different types of dumplings, beef brisket noodles, some appetizers, drunken chicken and fried rice for the kids.

In terms of variety, there are definitely many more dishes on the menu compared to Din Tai Fung in Singapore. I would say that the quality is definitely better too. Having said that, I would say that I didn't taste a huge difference between the dumplings made in Singapore and those here. A small difference in quality, yes, but not a big one.

Nonetheless, we had a good meal at Din Tai Fung and would eat there again if we visit Taipei 101.











No comments: