Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Increasingly Vocal DD

DD turns 30 months old today (exactly 2.5 years old). DS was 30 months old when DD was born. :) DD has become increasingly vocal in the past month and even her favorite snack (mom juice, ie breastmilk) is not spared her acute commentary and questioning. I find this really entertaining because I've never heard these comments from DS about my breastmilk before. I guess that's probably because DS only breastfed until he self-weaned at 27 months old, not quite old enough to make such acute observations and verbalize them yet!

Examples of DD's questions and comments include:

"I have finished your milk from this side (pointing to one breast), now I want to drink from the other side (referring to the other breast)."

"I have finished all your milk."

"Why is your milk warm?" (DD has been saying that she likes cold milk when referring to cow's milk)

"Your milk is very hot" (In the middle of a particularly cool night)

And this is my absolute favorite of them all. Too precious!

"I like your milk!" (after saying this she latches on and goes "mmmm"!)

Well, DD won't be breastfeeding forever so I really treasure these interesting moments. :)

1 comment:

lulu said...

aww... so wonderfully sweet. well, i have almost forgotten some of my own moments.