Now that DD is almost 3 years old and knows all about snatching and rushing for the same toys that her brother is playing with, or simply being quite good at standing her ground when her brother is trying to prise a toy away from her, I find that my job description as a mum has expanded yet again. I am now also a referee, and I find myself having to be a referee at least a few times a day. I've been reading up about how to set ground rules, how to prevent sibling rivalry and promote bonding and love between my 2 children. Of course, it is inevitable that there will be disagreements and "fights", but I hope that at the end of the day, the kids will love and take care of each other. I came across this article on API (Attachment Parenting International) and found it quite useful. I hope that I can remember to use some of the tips in this article, especially when the kids are a bit older.
Sibling Cooperation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment