Friday, November 23, 2007

DD Found Her Thumb!



Since the start of this week, DD found her thumb and has been sucking it everyday, even through her mittens. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Katelyn too! Her mittens always wet... I gave up... had to cut her nails weekly so that she can do without the mittens...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The domestic engineer formerly known as a speechie said...

Hello! Yah, I have to cut DD's nails twice a week. I feel like I'm cutting her nails all the time. Even then, she gets scratches on her face occasionally.

Rainbows from God said...

Wah...I'm hoping Joy would start sucking her thumb sometime soon! It's real hard for her to fall asleep. She doesn't doze off nursing even after she's had enough and unlatched. Having something to suckle calms her when she couldn't sleep; but she gets more frustrated when she gets choked again at the breast -- mommy's oversupplying thanks to jie jie's tandem nursing lor. :p She managed to suck her fist a few times though. The family's been so tired out by her hanging to me all night before she could fall asleep that I'm very near throwing in a pacifier! :s I really, really don't want to... Dh has badly overcrowded teeth. Both of us were bottle-fed, but only dh has that problem because he has much narrower jaw. We don't want to risk our girls having the same problem. It's not just about appearance, but more frustrations like higher chances of tooth decay due to bad alignment. :(

I stopped wearing mittens for her from the third or fourth day, I think. Been cutting her nails often too and still find new scratches on her face everyday. :< A bit of breastmilk on bleeding scratches does the trick to heal almost immediately though. :)

The domestic engineer formerly known as a speechie said...

Oh yes, I can relate to the oversupply and forceful letdowns, leaving DD choking at every meal. I was so worried that she would start feeling adverse to nursing because it made her choke. DH even said, "If I choked everytime I ate, I wouldn't want to eat anymore!". But she soon got used to it and by 2 1/2 mo, she stopped choking at every feed.

You are one brave mummy to get rid of the mittens so soon! I'm not too worried about scratches on the face because those heal in no time. But I'm worried about her scratching her eyes! DD's now 4mo, but I still wear mittens for her at night and when she's tired cos that's when she likes to rub her face with her hands. I might just be paranoid though! :P